8/31/2009

Journal#2 Public transportation

I think that the most convenient transportation for people who live in southern California are cars. When l arrived at LAX first time, my uncle drove us to my home. I know there are buses, trains or taxis here, but I seldom use them. Moreover, I hear that they are inconvenient. I was so lucky that my dad bought me a car because I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without the car. Maybe I could, but it would cause a lot of time or works.

Although the public transportation is not as easy as cities in east coast, the freeway systems are very progressive in southern California. The signs are clear, and the freeways are wide and united. What's more, most drivers obey the rule and yield others. It is easy driving here compare to my country. My country, Taiwan, is a small island. A lot of people ride motorcycles as their transportation, and the motorcycles have their own lanes. However, many people who ride motorcycles will cut into cars' lanes, so drivers should always be careful to motorcyclists. As a result, when the first time I drove in the southern California, I felt very comfortable. I didn't have to worry about motorcycles, and I enjoyed the speed.

Despite the road systems are convenient in southern California, the traffic jam is the serious problem here. The traffic is always bad during the rush hours. I think it wastes not only time but money, especially the gasoline is getting more and more expensive these days. My country has the same problem too, so the government is trying to build the subway to reduce the traffic. I think if the public transportation improves the inconvenience, many people will consider to take those transportation instead of cars.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

How about parking?
I hate parking in CSU Fullerton so much~~~~
lol

Sean said...

Yeah, parking kind of sucks. It sounds like you have an easy commute, Ann.