9/08/2009

Journal#4 weather

I think people who live in southern California are really lucky. There are always sunny days. I like sun because it gives me hope and energy to survive every busy day. Therefore, when the first time I arrived in California, I felt that I'll have a good start.


My country has four seasons, and each season's weather are really different. For example, spring and fall are the best seasons in Taiwan because the weather is cool and pleasant. However, we have rain season in May, so people should always bring umbrellas in case of the rain. In Taiwan, many high school students go to the summer school; However, we have Typhoons in summer. Have you ever had the experience that your socks and body are drenched on the way to school? I have, and many times. When I entered the classroom, all my classmates hung their socks under the desk, and spread out books on the shelves. At this time, umbrellas are useless because the wind is too strong for people to hold the umbrellas. If there is no typhoon, the weather is extremely hot and humid in summer. It is like having a sauna everywhere when you're walking outside. Therefore, I preferred the winter the best when I was in Taiwan. The weather is cold, the sun is warm and the atmosphere is romatic because of the holidays.


I've lived in the United States for two years, and I really like the weather. Even though the summer is also as hot as Taiwan's, it is dry here, so people don't sweat all the time. Moreover,weather usually won't be the problem when people plan to travel in the Southern California. As I mention earlier, I like sunny days because it gives me hope; therefore, I think I am really lucky to live here.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Have you ever been in the middle of a typhoon? Is it scary?

ann said...

i think the scary part is that when a typhoon is moving. this Ausust, Taiwan has a super typhoon, and I was there, everytime, when i got out the car, it was like i was blown away.what's more, typhoons always bring a lot of rain and cause mudslide. This year, the mudslide buried a village, and many people died.