9/06/2009

Journal#3 Old fears

Actually I'm a timid person because I'm afraid of lots of things, such as dogs, cats, ghosts, closed space etc. However, the loneliness was the fear that I'd overcome.

I have two sisters and nine cousins. When I was in Taiwan, we all lived together. Therefore, I had a colorful childhood because we always played together. Two of my cousins were even at the same age as mine, so we went to school together and at the same class. I never felt lonely when I was in my country because my life was always full of people. I never went shopping or went to the restaurant by myself.

After I came to America, only my sister and I lived together. For a long time, I couldn't adapt myself to the loneliness. Most of time, I had to do grocery shopping or having lunch by myself. It seldom happened when I was in Taiwan. I had never eaten in a restaurant by myself. What's more, I couldn't often chat with my friends because we're in the different time zones.

Therefore, I realized that I had to change myself to fit in the new life. I started to eat lunch by myself. At first, I felt weird, but when I saw that many people were doing the same thing, I felt better. When I was in my spare time, I wrote my blog to share my life in the US with my family and friends. When they visited my blog and wrote some comments, I felt they were around me.

I don't feel lonely anymore because I have learned how to deal with it. Moreover, I'm kind of loving being alone now. I've become more independent in many ways and I think that's a good sign for being a grownup.

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Actually, I had lunch with you many times. lol

Helen said...

good thing,you don't feel lonely. I need learn from you.

Angela said...

good for you, but i would be better if you make more friends here.^^